How to Apply
Thanks for your interest in Two Birds! We love welcoming new families into our schools and are often asked how the application and enrollment process works. Below is a helpful guide.
• Submit an application form online.
We encourage all prospective families to apply to the center(s) in which they are interested. Submitting an online form automatically places you on our waitlist. It also gives us pertinent information regarding your child’s birthdate and ideal start date to better guide you during this process. Signing up for our waitlist is free! We don’t charge application fees.
• Keep an eye out for an email from our enrollment team.
Once you’ve submitted this form, our enrollment team will email you with additional information. If you’ve applied and haven’t received a response yet, check your junk/promotions folder - occasionally our emails get sent to that inbox.
• Our enrollment team will schedule a tour with you.
If there is an opening for your child’s age group in your desired timeframe, we’ll offer to schedule a tour with us. On that tour, you’ll have the opportunity to see our spaces, learn about our programming and ask any questions you might have.
For additional questions about applying, check out our FAQ page. If your question isn’t answered there, you can email our enrollment specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is a spot available for your child in one of our classrooms, we will reach out to you via email to officially extend an enrollment offer.
1. Review and Sign our Enrollment Agreement.
This will be sent to you upon your acceptance of your spot with us
2. Submit your Initial Payment.
The details of this initial payment can vary depending on the program of your child and is outlined in Exhibit A of the enrollment agreement.
3. Submit your Health Documentation and Paperwork.
Paperwork will be sent to the primary contact that your family listed on the enrollment agreement. This paperwork must be completed before your child begins school with us. Any questions regarding health documentation can be emailed to email@example.com
After these steps are completed, you’ll be ready to join us at Two Birds! A few weeks before school, your Director will reach out to schedule an intake meeting with your family and your child’s teaching teams to help prepare you for the first day of school. There, you’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you might have to our teachers and center teams before the first day. You can also use your center’s member page to access any relevant forms and reference documents that you might need.
Opportunities for Financial Aid and Tuition Discounts
If your employer offers coworking benefits, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can apply these benefits to our tuition and reduce your costs accordingly.
• All Two Birds locations participate in Child Care Aware.
○ Submit an application to CCA using the Two Birds Provider ID (varies by location).
• CCA may reach out while processing the application to confirm our tuition
○ Once approved, an award letter will be sent to your family via email
○ Each month, your family submits attendance forms to Two Birds for signature. CCA is responsible for sending (mail/electronically) their portion of tuition.
○ Families paying in conjunction with CCA are considered private pay families and are responsible for all tuition and fees until their award letter is processed.
• Some branches within the military offer additional subsidies, which we can accommodate.
• All DC locations accept vouchers
○ Inform your eligibility worker you’ve received a spot at Two Birds. Don’t know how to find an eligibility worker? Here is a good resource to start.
○ You’ll need to provide your eligibility worker with the name and address of the location you’ll be attending.
• Tenleytown students: Hatch Workspace, 4001 Brandywine St NW, Washington DC 20016
• West End students: Two Birds, 2300 N St NW Washington DC 20037
○ Once approved, your eligibility worker will send your family an admissions form. This must be signed by your family first, then by Two Birds, and finally by your eligibility worker.
○ Each month, your family must submit attendance forms to Two Birds for signature
• All DC locations participate in DC’s PKEEP program for PreK
○ Families do not apply to the DC lottery for PKEEP. Apply directly to Two Birds for enrollment.
○ Once enrolled, families must submit proof of residency. Two Birds will request these documents from you and manage the submission of all paperwork.
• If your employer offers additional childcare benefits, email email@example.com so we can coordinate with your employer.